Everyone has them, and we do too! In order for Riverside to be a safe, secure and fun environment for everyone, we ask all campers to please abide by the Camp Rules...
1. Age Requirements: (19+). Riverside Campground is a private, membership only gay campground for adult men.
2. Visitors & Guests: All visitors & guests must register and pay upon arrival. Park access past 9pm will only be granted to registered guests or guests with a current reservation. Please note we no longer offer drop in day passes. Site guest passes will be issued to those who are visiting campers already registered with the office. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We are happy to acccomodate late arrivals with advance notice.
3. Check In/Out: Check out for campers is 11:00 AM, and check in is 2:00 pm, however you may still use the facilities until 6:00 PM. The entrance gate is locked at 9:00 PM and re-opens at 8:00 AM.
4. Public Conduct: Anyone causing a disturbance, or behaving in a belligerent manner will be asked to leave the campground without benefit or refund. Please play respectfully or you may be asked to play elsewhere.
5. Firewood & Campfires: To prevent infestation of invasive and destructive insects, no outside firewood is permitted at Riverside. Firewood is available for purchase at the camp office at very reasonable prices. Campfires are permitted only in designated fire rings, and must be attended at all times or are to be put out. Please do not move or re-locate fire rings, it ruins the campsite and creates a safety issue - plus they weigh a ton and are a b$!@h to move back!
6. Trees: Please do not cut or remove any trees or branches at anytime, whether they are dead or alive. Only the campground staff are authorized to remove trees. This is one of the reasons why we sell our firewood for so cheap! In addition, nothing is to be secured to any trees within the park for any reason. Chainsaws are not permitted in the camp at any time. Violators may be bitch-slapped!
7. Speed Limits: Please respect a maximum speed of 20 km/h in the park. Speed limits will be enforced. We also ask that you please do not drive on the grass and stay only on the roads. This goes for any motorized vehicle. For safety purposes, and in consideration of our tent campers, we ask that all vehicles are to be parked on their reserved lot by 10:00 PM. Please, don't park on an empty or rented site which is not your own. All motorized vehicles must be insured and registered with the campground. The same rules as on public roads apply in the campground.
8. Illegal Drugs: Riverside Campground does not tolerate the use or sale of illegal drugs on the property.
9. Alcohol: Riverside is a BYOB campground. Consumption of alcohol to the point of physical or mental impairment is not permitted in public campground areas. Nobody likes an intoxicated hot mess! (Okay, some may but most don't). Operation of any motorized vehicle, equipment or watercraft while impaired is strictly prohibited. Please be courteous to other campers.
10. Campsite Care: Campsites are to be kept clean and tidy. Please leave your campsite as you would like to find it when you arrive. This applies to rental accommodations as well, in some circumstances cleaning fees may be applied.
11. Music & Noise: Out of courtesy to other campers, please avoid any undue noise or activity between 11:00 pm and 9:00 am. No excessively loud music or noise will be permitted at anytime.
12. Pool Area: Swimming is at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for injuries, loss or damages of any kind. Please obey the posted rules and regulations set forth by the Hastings & Prince Edward County Health Unit for your safety and for those around you. Absolutely no glass containers are permitted in the pool area at any time. Cleanup costs will be the responsibility of the guest. Glass is a bad idea anywhere in a campground for that matter, so we really appreciate it when you use paper, plastic and aluminum. Due to public health regulations, pets are not permitted in the pool area.
13. Cans and Paper: Recycling bins are located within the park. Please use them. Littering is not permitted.
14. Garbage & Other Waste: To avoid attracting local wildlife, garbage can be put in the designated area across from the camp office. All household items, lawn chairs, barbecues, and furniture must be taken directly to the township dump.
15. Water: All water supplied to the campground is from our well, and goes through a three-tiered purification and filtration system. For this reason, car washing and excessive use is not permitted.
16. Maximum Occupancy: For weekend/overnight campers, a maximum of four people, one RV (including pop-up trailers) and two vehicles are permitted per campsite. For seasonal campers, only one trailer and one storage shed is allowed. An additional dining tent is permitted. For larger parties (8 persons or more) designated group camping areas are available at discounted rates.
17. Heaters: Electric heaters are not permitted.
18. Commercial Activity: Sales and commercial activities are not allowed in the campground.
19. Suppliers: No outside suppliers are permitted in the campground without permission of the campground owners. All suppliers must check in at the camp office upon arrival.
20. Pets: All pets must be leashed and owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Pets are not to be left unattended for longer than an hour or two. Continuously barking dogs may be asked to leave the camp. We love dogs too, just not overly noisy ones!
21. Fireworks: For safety and insurance purposes, we don't allow fireworks or pyrotechnics in the park at any time.
Anyone who is in breach of the rules may be asked to leave the campground without refund. All campers also agree to abide by all applicable municipal, provincial or federal laws and regulations. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Your attention and co-operation is appreciated!